Palestine4ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palestine4ever

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roy Hodgson Praises 'Quick Thinking' Dirk Kuyt And Fernando Torres After Controversial Liverpool Opener

Go down 
AuthorMessage
p4arab

Roy Hodgson Praises 'Quick Thinking' Dirk Kuyt And Fernando Torres After Controversial Liverpool Opener Empty
PostSubject: Roy Hodgson Praises 'Quick Thinking' Dirk Kuyt And Fernando Torres After Controversial Liverpool Opener   Roy Hodgson Praises 'Quick Thinking' Dirk Kuyt And Fernando Torres After Controversial Liverpool Opener I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:41 am

Roy Hodgson Praises 'Quick Thinking' Dirk Kuyt And Fernando Torres After Controversial Liverpool Opener 110300_news

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson praised his side’s effort as they came back from a goal down to gain a point against Sunderland at Anfield and shrugged off doubts about the legitimacy over his team's opener.

The home gaffer spoke to Sky Sports after the final whistle saying: “I thought that we started very brightly and we should have really had a goal before the one we actually got.

"[Fernando] Torres’s excellent strike which was ruled offside, when it turns out that it actually wasn’t offside, so we’re very unlucky there, especially playing at home.”

The main focal point of the game was Dirk Kuyt's early opener which came after Michael Turner had passed the ball back to goalkeeper Simon Mignolet to take a free kick, however Torres nipped in to set up Kuyt for a controverisal goal.

Referee Stewart Atwell allowed the goal to stand and Hodgson was happy to give his view on the incident.

“Fortunately our quick thinking has secured the goal and I think for the rest of the first half we didn’t play well and conceded an equaliser and conceded a goal early in the second half and never really got going," he said.

“The ball was played back, it was a back pass, he [Turner] is complaining that we should just stand back and allow the keeper to take it from were he wants. But I need to praise the two players, Torres and Kuyt for their reactions and getting the goal.”

On his side’s comeback Hodgson said: “Our second half of performance was really very good. We got into the opponents and created chances, and it was a pulsating tie, I can’t be happy with the two all, but after being two one down, you always fear the worst, especially given the circumstances we’re working under, to come back to two-two at least, I think we were very unlucky not to win the game.”
Back to top Go down

Roy Hodgson Praises 'Quick Thinking' Dirk Kuyt And Fernando Torres After Controversial Liverpool Opener
Page 1 of 1